LINDY I: 8-Count Foundations
Class Prerequisite: Students who register in this course should have either:
- attended a full Intro to Vintage Swing courses (5 classes), OR
- taken about 5 beginner drop-in lessons from Saskatoon Lindy Hop and/or the University of Saskatchewan Swing Dance Club, OR
- received instructor permission to attend this course.
No dance partner required. Students regularly switch dance partners in class.
So you've learned some vintage swing dance, you've seen some of the fun places that it can take you, and you're ready to go deeper. Join instructors Jenn and Brady as you explore fundamentals of 8-count Lindy hop, the dance pattern that opens up some of the greatest opportunities for creative exploration, musicality, challenge, and dynamic movement in vintage-style jazz dancing!
Expect this course to be moderately energetic and focused on helping you to become relaxed and comfortable with the 8-count pattern. This course builds upon previously-learned content weekly, so students are encouraged to attend all classes in this course, and/or to retake this course before moving on to the next courses in the "Lindy" series.
No partner required; please ensure that you meet course prerequisites before registering.
No swing-outs will be learned in this course; this course is a prerequisite for Lindy II: 8-Count Swing-Outs.
Course Length: every Tuesday for 5 weeks, beginning Nov 6th
Time: 8:45-10:00 pm
Instructors: Jenn Mynhardt and Brady Lang
Please Bring to Class:
- A water bottle. You will be encouraged to drink water during this physically-active class.
- Non-marking, indoor dance shoes. Make sure to bring shoes that are comfortable for active movement; clean runners are acceptable.